Can I join the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance before I enter Disney's Hollywood Studios?
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Frequently Asked Questions
Guests with a valid ticket or Annual Pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to request access to the virtual queue starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their reservation. This can be done before you leave your Disney Resort hotel or on your way to the park. The virtual queue will reopen daily at 1:00 PM for anyone inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day.
Note: Guests must be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access this second virtual queue opportunity, and access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed. Only Guests with a Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Guests visiting from another theme park will not be able to request to join the virtual queue. We encourage these Guests to explore other areas of the park, including in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge where they may experience Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run among other offerings.
Here’s how to use the virtual queue:
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app—with push notifications enabled so you receive important updates about the virtual queue, including callback details and daily distribution times.
- As availability allows, Guests will have an opportunity to join the virtual queue at daily distribution times, which are subject to change. For distribution times, view details about experiencing Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
- To join, log in to your account at one of the distribution times and select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will then be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue. The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some Guests may join backup groups.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to your group's park tickets, and everyone has a valid ticket or Annual Pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time*. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- You’ll receive a push notification via the My Disney Experience app if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist.
*Select one member of your party to access the virtual queue for everyone in your group. If multiple people in your party try to join the virtual queue simultaneously, that may complicate your ability to secure a boarding group.