Do I have to be physically present at Walt Disney World Resort in order to access and enjoy the Play Disney Parks mobile app?
Play Disney Parks App – Frequently Asked Questions
No. You can access many of the Play Disney Parks app experiences from anywhere!
The Play Disney Parks app offerings you can enjoy while away from the Walt Disney World theme parks include Disney trivia and Apple Music playlists, in addition to select achievements that can be earned outside of the parks.
However, to access in-queue games and select interactive park offerings, you must be located inside of specific theme parks. These experiences and their locations include:
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail – Disney’s Animal Kingdom park
- Maharajah Jungle Trek – Disney’s Animal Kingdom park
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Magic Kingdom park
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch at Conservation Station – Disney’s Animal Kingdom park
- Slinky Dog Dash – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Space Mountain – Magic Kingdom park
- Toy Story Mania! – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Tree of Life – Disney’s Animal Kingdom park
- Soarin’ Challenge at Soarin' Around the World – Epcot
- Agent P's World Showcase Adventure – Epcot
Since each of these experiences is designed to interact with the physical environment and/or the theming of the attraction queues, they can only be unlocked when you’re physically located either in the queue or at the specified location.
Please note that Bluetooth® technology will be key to enjoying the full Play Disney Parks app experience. To access the full experience, be sure to opt to enable location services and Bluetooth technology on your device. This will allow the app to provide location-based experiences through a combination of your mobile device’s GPS and Bluetooth technology capabilities, and Bluetooth technology beacons installed around the parks.
Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. Music streaming feature requires an Apple Music subscription. Separate terms and conditions apply. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first. Some features require separate theme park admission.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and Apple Music are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.