My vacation took place at the same time that Hurricane Matthew impacted Central Florida. How long will the Walt Disney World Resort be closed and what steps can I take in the event that my trip was affected by the storm?
Disney Theme Parks & Water Parks – Frequently Asked Questions
As weather conditions continue to improve throughout Central Florida, most Walt Disney World destinations, special events and experiences have resumed normal operations.
PARK RE-OPENINGS, SPECIAL EVENT REFUNDS AND MORE
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will take place as scheduled beginning Monday, October 10, 2016.
- For refunds and other options available to Guests whose Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party dates were canceled, please call (407) 939-7818 beginning at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on Monday, October 10, 2016. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
FOR VACATIONS AFFECTED BY HURRICANE MATTHEW
If you were visiting the Walt Disney World Resort during Hurricane Matthew, please be aware of the following—in the instance that your vacation plans have been directly affected:
- All dining cancelation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for all Guests.
- All Disney Resort hotel cancelation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for all Guests. For information on checking out early and/or receiving a reimbursement, please visit the Front Desk of your Disney Resort hotel and a Cast Member will assist you in processing a refund for unused nights of your stay, park tickets and dining entitlements.
- If your flight home was canceled or you booked directly with an airline and your flight was moved, we will assist you in moving your Disney Resort hotel stay (based on availability). For Guests who booked airline travel through the Walt Disney Travel Company, we will assist you in obtaining another flight (based on availability) and/or moving your Disney Resort hotel stay.
- If you booked your vacation through the Walt Disney Travel Company, we will waive fees to modify your airline flight dates and package accommodations. If you booked your vacation on your own, we will connect you with your airline to assist you in obtaining a waiver for your reservation. We can then modify the land portion of your reservation.
Please note: the above-described cancelation details may not apply to Guests who did not book a package via the Walt Disney Travel Company or to Guests who booked a sports or group package.