Will joining the virtual queue be required every day to ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance?
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. At this time, Guests are required to join the virtual queue to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. A standby queue is not available. The virtual queue is limited and subject to availability. The virtual queue is limited and subject to availability. The goal of the virtual queue is to let you enjoy the rest of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge while you wait to experience the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction.
Here’s how to use the virtual queue:
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app—with notifications enabled so you receive important updates about the virtual queue, including callback details and daily distribution times.
- As availability allows, Guests will have an opportunity to join the virtual queue at daily distribution times, which are subject to change. For distribution times, view details about experiencing Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
- To join, sign into your Disney account at one of the distribution times and select "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue" on the app home screen. You will then be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue. The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some Guests may join backup groups.
- As long as your Disney account is linked to your group's park tickets, and everyone has a valid ticket or annual pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time*. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- You’ll receive a notification via the My Disney Experience app if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the notification to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist.
*Select one member of your party to access the virtual queue for everyone in your group. If multiple people in your party try to join the virtual queue simultaneously, that may complicate your ability to secure a boarding group.